H1


EZ GFCF | A Gluten Free Recipes Blog

Text content

If you are GFCF and looking for gluten free recipes, reviews and engaging discussion, then this blog is for you! We have posted a wide variety of gluten free recipes and information since 2006 for people struggling with Celiac, autism spectrum disorders, ADHD, other health concerns and food allergies. Thankfully, there's been great progress with gfcf food selection and ingredient listings since this blog's first posts. Please join us!

10.22.2007

My first GFCF pizza

Note: I've improved my pizza recipe since this time. You can find my latest pizza crust recipe by clicking here.

I think trying to make a pizza my kids would eat without the use of dairy or soy kinda scared me away from the idea altogether. But, recently, I've had a few ideas of how to make pizzas my kids might like. I tried one last night. And it worked. My kids had their first slices of pizza. And they liked it.

Now, if you're looking for a miracle recipe here, you won't get it. This is very basic stuff. I'll give you the recipes -- yes, two. And, now I think I'll try some of the other ideas I've had. And, when I do, I'll be sure to post.

These pizzas are using a crust made from the Noah's Bread recipe. Since I haven't posted Noah's Bread yet, I'll include it here (and, as a reminder to myself, I'll post that recipe tomorrow so we can all find it quickly in the future).

Crust
3/4 cup sorghum flour
3/4 cup tapioca flour
2 tsp xanthan gum
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 egg sub
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup water or cf milk
1/3 cup sparkling water

Sauce
1 garlic clove
1 tsp sea salt
6 oz can tomato paste
8 oz tomato sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tbsp oil

Toppings
Use any you wish.
Pepperoni
Genoa salami
Hamburger
Sausage
Onion
Peppers
Potato chips (for chip lovers)
Etc.

Heat oven to 450. Mix dry ingredients well. When oven is ready, add liquids (have to wait -- don't do this too early because you want the sparkling water activity to be active and not have fizzled out). Mix well. Spread dough on a greased pizza sheet in a circular fashion. Pinch edges to form a pizza edge. Bake for 10 minutes.

Make the sauce. Chop onion and prep other toppings.

Pull shell out after 10 mins. Spread pizza sauce and other toppings. I added chopped onion and chopped genoa salami (Boar's Head).

Bake another 10 minutes.

Note, I made half a pizza with crushed potato chips -- sorta like you would with a tuna casserole. So, I waited to add those until the last 5 mins.

My youngest daughter liked the pizza with chips and my oldest liked it without.

It all tasted like pizza -- just without the cheese.

Stay tuned for more pizza updates.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum.

We do a GF cornbread crust with taco-type toppings that works well too.

jim said...

Ah, sounds like a recipe worth trying. I've also heard of polenta crusts, which I've wanted to try.