H1


EZ GFCF | A Gluten Free Recipes Blog

Text content

If you are GFCF and looking for gluten free recipes, reviews and engaging discussion, then this blog is for you! We have posted a wide variety of gluten free recipes and information since 2006 for people struggling with Celiac, autism spectrum disorders, ADHD, other health concerns and food allergies. Thankfully, there's been great progress with gfcf food selection and ingredient listings since this blog's first posts. Please join us!

5.14.2023

Another Gluten Free Pizza Sauce Recipe

I found this simple pizza sauce recipe on the web many years ago and I've been using it ever since on my homemade gluten free pizza  - and if you've not seen my homemade gluten free pizza crust recipe, check it out here. This is my go-to gluten free pizza sauce recipe.

Of course, I tinkered with the recipe a bit to get the right taste, texture and "spreadability." But, what I really love about this recipe is that it's so quick, so easy to make and works. I've not found another gluten free pizza sauce recipe that I like better.

And, I can make it quickly while my crust is baking in the oven. It literally takes about five minutes to make. Finally, and as you'll see, it's easily adaptable. Don't like garlic, skip it and use onion powder instead. Prefer basil or rosemary, add it. You decide!

Ingredients:

6-ounce can tomato paste (I use Hunt's)
A simple gluten free pizza sauce recipe that you should try.
2 tbsps oil (I use olive oil)
½ cup water
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp sugar (you could sub any sweetener)
1 tspn sea salt
¼ tspn pepper
½ tspn vinegar (I use Heinz)

Directions:

In a stove top pot, add the tomato paste, olive oil and water over a low heat. Stir slowly to combine the ingredients and until the paste liquifies and blends into the mix. 

Add the remaining ingredients and stir until combined.

Continue on the stove until thoroughly heated, but not boiling.

Let sit for a few minutes while your crust is baking. Spoon or ladle onto your crust and enjoy this wonderful gluten free pizza sauce recipe.

No comments: