Mac n Cheese
- 1 cup cooked rice elbow macaroni (I use Tinkyada)
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon margarine (Try the Earth Balance – RED tub vegetarian)
- 1 tablespoon tapioca or corn starch
- Dash black pepper
- 1 ¼ cup Rice Milk
- 2 cups shredded American/cheddar cheese (Daiya)
Cook rice macaroni according to directions.
In a saucepan, cook onion in margarine until tender. Stir in flour and pepper.
Add rice milk.
Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
Add cheese. Stir until melted.
Stir macaroni into cheese.
Transfer to a 1 quart casserole.
Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes – until bubbly.